Frequently Asked Questions at The Veterinary Alternative
1. What animals do you treat? We treat cats, dogs, horses, cows and any other species where alternative medicine is desired.
2. How do I make an appointment? Leave your name, pet’s name, phone number, type of pet/breed, and general problem on our answering machine and we will call you back to schedule an appointment. You can also email your information and appointment request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. How long is the initial visit? To obtain an accurate history of your pet, please plan for approximately 1 - 1 1/2 hours for your first initial visit.
4. Is there a place to park? Yes, parking is available at both locations.
5. What do I bring to each visit? Please bring a list of your pet’s current medications, recent labs and/or diagnostic reports and any updates in their medical history with you to each visit.
6. What forms of payment do you accept? We accept cash and personal checks at this time.
7. Can I order refills for remedies through you? Yes, leave the refill information and your name and contact information on our answering machine or via email and someone will get back to you. We are able to ship most medications, or we are able to leave them for you at our office if you are able to leave your payment upon pickup.
8.Are you a full-service veterinary hospital? We are not a full-service veterinary clinic or emergency facility. We do not perform surgeries or euthanasia in our office. However, we do offer some general diagnostics like blood tests (for canines only), urinalysis, fecal tests, ear swabs, salivary testing, and sub-Q fluids as needed.